View Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Homes For Sale in Florida Instantly.
Ft. Lauderdale is well known as the “Venice of America” and also as the “Mega Yacht Capital of the World” and Fort Lauderdale is a city with an estimated 200 miles of waterways. A large portion of waterfront homes and real estate in Ft. Lauderdale offer dockage for vessels of various types and sizes, including mega yachts, speedboats, sailboats, jetski’s, cruisers, waverunners, and others. Waterfront properties can be defined as Intracoastal front, canal front, riverfront, and direct Oceanfront right on the Beach. The vast majority of Fort Lauderdale’s waterfront homes are located on Ocean access canals. Waterways are arranged such that Ocean access canals connect to the Intracoastal Waterway, which then leads to the Atlantic Ocean. The New River leads to the Intracoastal Waterway, which leads to the Atlantic Ocean.
- About Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Properties and Real Estate
- Instantly start an Online Property Search for Waterfront Homes and Real Estate
- Download the #1 App and view the best priced, most updated, and accurate listings
- Watch an HD Video featuring Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Homes
- HD VIDEO: Experience Helicopter House Hunting™ with Marc Hennes
1) About Ft. Lauderdale Waterfront Homes and Real Estate
It’s very important to understand that the land value for Ocean Access Waterfront Properties is a very significant part of the price, and many of the lowest priced waterfront properties are being sold at prices that are equal to, lower than, or not significantly higher than their land value alone.
If you are planning to dock your vessel at your waterfront property, it’s important to know about some of the waterfront differences and factors. For example; Some Canal Front Homes are located in areas that have fixed bridges. For areas with fixed bridges to the Intracoastal, you need to consider the height of your vessel and the clearance height(s) of the fixed bridge(s) in order to determine which Waterfront Homes are appropriate and which are not. If you have a vessel that can not clear the fixed bridge(s), Waterfront Homes located in areas without fixed bridges are the only ones that will be appropriate for you. Canal widths and depths vary significantly, so the size and draft of your vessel are factors to consider when searching for Waterfront Homes as well. Some Intracoastal Waterfront Homes are also located in wake-zones, which are, of course, inappropriate for docking smaller vessels, however, some waterfront homes with wake-zones have lifts that are appropriate for docking smaller boats and/or other small watercraft such as jetski’s and waverunners that can be lifted out of the water. Intracoastal Point Lot properties with dockage on a protected side canal are the most ideal choice for Intracoastal front properties with dockage for large vessels and yachts. Waterfront widths vary among waterfront homes, so if you’re interested in docking a vessel, first verify that the property’s waterfront is wide enough to dock your vessel.
Here are 7 significant factors that in addition to the standard factors, affect the price of Waterfront Homes;
(1) The type of waterfront such as Canal, River, Intracoastal, or Ocean. (2) The waterfront width of the property. (3) The type and size of dockage available. (4) An East versus a West location. Most of our Waterfront Ocean Access Communities are located East of I-95, but a few are located West. East locations are closer to the Intracoastal and the Ocean. Because of their location advantage, the majority of Waterfront Homes located East are priced higher. (5) Fixed bridges versus no fixed bridges. Waterfront Homes that are located in areas without fixed bridges have an obvious advantage and are therefore priced higher. (6) Canal width and depth. Areas that have very wide and deep canals have an obvious advantage for larger vessels and are also priced higher then others. (7) Wake-zone versus no-wake-zone.
>>> Schedule your unique and complimentary Helicopter House Hunting™ Experience with Marc Hennes if you are interested in seeing any of these properties from a 1,000 feet up. Marc will be your real estate agent AND private helicopter pilot. Call or text (954) 557-6609 and ask for availability. Watch the HD Video below. <<<
2) Click Here to start an Online Waterfront Home Search, and view the most updated, and accurate listings, Waterfront Homes For Sale.
If you want to see what is for sale right now in your area, or the area that you want to move to, then this powerful Online Property Search is exactly what you are looking for. This user friendly website will help you tremendously with finding your new waterfront home. It is super easy to use, and you can search the entire MLS instantly.
3) Download the #1 “Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Homes For Sale App”, and view the best priced, most updated, and accurate listings / Fort Lauderdale FL Real Estate for sale. Download the App by texting the word DOWNLOAD to (954) 289-9177 (On Mobile Click Here to Create the Text Message Automatically).
You can instantly view and have full access to the best priced Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Homes and Real Estate anywhere else in Florida, in areas such as, but not limited to, Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Homes, Hillsboro Beach Waterfront Homes, Pompano Beach Waterfront Homes, Miami Waterfront Homes, Palm Beach Waterfront Homes (including Broward County Waterfront Homes in the nearby Cities of Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach, Lighthouse Point, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Hollywood, Hallandale Beach, Sea Ranch Lakes, and Dania Beach) and many more. Download the App by texting the word DOWNLOAD to (954) 289-9177 (On Mobile Click Here to Create the Text Message Automatically) and view Fort Lauderdale Real Estate photos, maps, and property info that is updated daily, and most accurate. This is the best App available on the market today.